Hey friends, thanks for stopping by! We’re back from a whirlwind trip to Florida! We made it through Hurricane Matthew, a storm that mercifully spared most of Central Florida but still caused a great deal of damage to the east coast. We’re fortunate that everyone here at the Dis Downlow is doing fine, and our friends and family in the Sunshine State are getting back to normal much quicker than expected!
We had a blast at Walt Disney World (WDW) and Universal Studios (USF). We even made an impromptu visit to Busch Gardens Tampa! At the suggestions of a friend, we stopped off the beaten path to check out a great Disney-centric second hand store (Theme Park Connection) that we definitely recommend to any theme park buffs in the area! The best moments of the weekend included a few trips to Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival; our ride on Skull Island: Reign of Kong (the new King Kong attraction at USF); the unexpected awesomeness of the Howl-O-Scream event at BG; Halloween Horror Nights (of course!); and finally being at Magic Kingdom for the final performance of the Main Street Electrical Parade before it leaves for Disneyland! It was a fantastic experience!
We have so many great posts to start cranking out and we will be getting to those soon! In addition to the posts from our Florida trip, we also have some other fun write-ups brewing. Here’s a look at what’s coming down the pike:
- A recap of our Columbus Day Weekend in Florida
- A guide to surviving a hurricane in the theme park capital of the world
- Haunt Season 2016: ScareHouse (Pittsburgh)
- Haunt Season 2016: Halloween Horror Nights (Universal Studios Florida)
- Haunt Season 2016: Howl-O-Scream (Busch Gardens Tampa)
In the meantime, we want to keep the news and updates coming from around the theme park world. So with that in mind,
The Downlow for Wednesday, October 12, is here!
- WDW News Today highlights some fun festivities coming to Disney as a part of the 2017 NFL Pro Bowl Game celebrations. The Pro Bowl will be played in Orlando after moving from its most recent location, Hawai’i.
- Magic Kingdom recently celebrated its 45th anniversary (Oct. 1 to be exact)! Inside the Magic has video of the anniversary program.
- What’s next for themed entertainment around the world? Robert Niles at Theme Park Insider makes the case for “augmented reality” and he thinks the planned Nintendo-themed park that could be in the works at Universal would be a great place to start!
That’s the Downlow for today! Thanks for stopping by and please be on the look out for some fun posts coming in the near future! In the meantime, please be sure to follow on your favorite social media sites! (Check the icons on the homepage)