Hey friends, thanks for stopping by! We hope you enjoyed our recap of ScareHouse Pittsburgh last week! We’ve got two more entries left in our Haunt Season 2016 series and we’ll be getting at least one of those posted later this week! We’re also working on some travel advice columns and other fun stuff, so please be sure to bookmark our page and as always, use the links on the main page to follow us on social media.
The Downlow for Tuesday, October 18, is here!
- 2017 is going to be a big year for Disney’s Animal Kingdom as Pandora: The World of Avatar is scheduled to open at the park sometime next year. Mickey Extreme took to the air last week to capture the latest aerial photos. You can see the “floating mountains” of Pandora really starting to take shape, along with several of the show buildings, but there’s still a lot of dirt and unfinished work to be done. Here’s hoping they’ll hit their mark and open on time next year!
- Next year is also a milestone year for Disneyland Paris (DLP) which will celebrate its 25th anniversary in 2017! Earlier this week, DLP released details about how they will be celebrating the big occasion!
- Fans of Dis Downlow may know that we were huge fans of The Osbourne Spectacle of Dancing Christmas show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios! We were fortunate enough to be in the park for one of the final performances of the lights. But the show is no more, and heck, the entire backlot is no more as Disney makes room for the new Star Wars Land. But fortunately for fans of holiday light shows, Disney announced earlier this week that a new holiday-themed show, Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM, will premiere at DHS later this year!
- Last week, Disney released the final trailer for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, the new (and first) Star Wars standalone film which will be released on December 16. The marketing whizzes followed up that great trailer with the release this week of several new character posters for the movie. Looks great!
- When we were in Florida a few weeks ago, we were surprised and excited to find that one of our favorite park snacks had returned after a brief absence! Many Walt Disney fans know that Sleepy Hollow Treats in the Magic Kingdom is a hidden gem, featuring some of the best quick and easy food options in the parks. They’ve been known in the past for their giant ice cream sandwiches, but we first visited after they introduced their Spicy Chicken Waffle to the menu. During our last few visits, we were bummed to see that the spicy chicken waffle had been pulled from the menu, but fear not, because it has returned! WDW News Today has pictures and a review of the classic Disney sandwich.
- Speaking of snacks (why not?), the Planet Hollywood Observatory, which is set to open later this year at Disney Springs, recently posted pictures of some new menu items to their Facebook page. Food Network Star Guy Fieri is helping curate the menu and that becomes pretty obvious when you see these pictures of the Mac ‘n Cheese Burger and the “supernova shakes”! Looks like families wanting a hearty meal will know where to find one in Disney Springs. Inside the Magic has the story!
- Finally, let’s take a look at Universal Studios Florida (USF)! We’re a little Disney heavy in our Downlow today, so we thought we’d share this quick read. Last year, Universal purchased a large chunk of land not far from their existing USF property. Rumors continue to abound that Universal will use the land for a third “gate” (aka new park) in the new future, maybe even using the Nintendo and Dreamworks intellectual property it has acquired over the last few years. Robert Miles at Theme Park Insider provides his best guess at where things may be headed at Universal!
Does anyone have plans for visit the parks in 2017, or even during the holiday season? Let us know in the comments below! And if you need any help scheduling your upcoming trip, remember that one half of our Downlow team is a registered travel consultant and can help plan your magical vacation. Check out our Contact page to get ahold of Ang today!
Thanks for stopping by the Downlow! We’ll be back with new posts later this week!