For fans of Epcot festivals, there’s no need to fret that the inaugural Festival of the Arts at Epcot has come to end. Soon, another beloved festival will start again!
The 2017 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival runs from March 1-May 29, 2017. During the festival, Epcot is beautifully decorated with over 70 topiaries and vibrant gardens throughout Future World and the World Showcase! We know that many guests have come to love this festival even though it often plays second fiddle to Food & Wine. We made our first visit to the Flower and Garden Festival last year and loved every minute of it. Below is a quick look at the can’t-miss-highlights of Epcot’s Flower and Garden Festival!
During the festival, dozens of topiaries located throughout Future World and the World Showcase. Many of the topiaries are in the shape of Disney characters. Be sure to try the scavenger hunt to locate them all!
For 2017, there will be 15 outdoor kitchen booths offering a variety of dining options that highlight produce growing in the areas nearby and making the connection from field to table. Keep in mind that many items can be purchased with Disney Dining Plan (DDP) snack credits. You can see which items are covered by looking for the DDP icon () on the menus. Kiosks are located throughout Future World and the World Showcase.
Marketplace Discovery Passport
A complimentary passport booklet will be available to be stamped at each outdoor kitchen you visit. Each kitchen will have its own unique design, which makes the Garden Passport the perfect scrapbook souvenir. Be sure to pick up your Garden Passport at the Festival Center, Epcot Flower and Garden Festival merchandise locations or any Outdoor Kitchens to ensure you see and do everything the Flower and Garden Festival has to offer.
Gardens, Play Areas, and Tours
There are lots of gardens, play areas and exhibits throughout Epcot for the festival. From Bonsai trees to butterflies, there’s a bounty of displays ready to capture your family’s attention and imagination. Highlights include:
- Floating Mini-Gardens – 225 petite plots drift on the ponds the boarder the walkway between Future World and the World Showcase.
- Butterflies on the Go – Is a butterfly house located in Future World along the walkway that goes toward the Canada pavilion.
- Purple Martins – Stop and listen to these beautiful songbirds while visiting Future World East
- English Tea Garden – Be sure to meander through this garden in the United Kingdom pavilion to see how herbs and tea-flavoring plants are cultivated and blended into this time-honored beverage!
- Harmony Gardens – This musical playground features Disney’s Fab Five topiaries including “band leader” Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Pluto and Donald Duck. With the playground’s interactive instruments, visitors can create their own music and enjoy state of the art net climbers.
Garden Rocks Concert Series
The Garden Rocks Concert Series runs Fridays through Mondays during the Festival. The concert series provides an opportunity to rekindle your love for classic hits. Show times for the Garden Rocks Concert Series take place Friday through Monday at 5:30 PM, 6:45 PM and 8:00 PM. Be sure to check the times guide for details on who is appearing!